Our library works offline, however, you can have different results depending on the browser and OS.
- On Chrome (no matter the platform), when there is no internet connection available, it uses the default operating system voice installed. So for example if you have an English Windows version, it will speak English.
- On Safari, all voices work offline.
- On Internet Explorer and Firefox it doesn't work offline.
When it comes to OSs, the pattern similar:
- Windows and Android will only offer the current system voice,
- On iOS and OSX/MacOS all voices work offline.